- Radha Crawley, LMT, Ayurvedic Educator and Ayurvedic Bodyworker
- Sedona, AZ
- Lover of life, Ayurveda Educator, Certified Massage Therapist, aromatherapist, herbalist, mother of two beautiful crystal children, Jasmine Skye and Mira Shanti, wife, organic gardener, spa junkie
Thursday, April 30, 2009
I am so thankful that I am able to share my love for wellness through Ayurveda with all of you...
Next weeks class on the Bliss Cleanse will be equally full. Compiling the notes I am realizing I must teach a 4 week course on Ayurvedic Nutrition and Cooking!! Stay tuned!!
Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
LEXINGTON, Ky. - Enough is enough! For far too long, we've allowed the message of spa to be about luxury and pampering; caviar facials and champagne baths; an experience only to be had by the rich and famous. All the while consumers have been telling us the No. 1 reason they spa is to relax and relieve/reduce stress. Consumers are looking for wellness, for ways to live a balanced life - and spas are about living your best life!
"Spas are not about luxury - they're about re-charging your battery, taking time to re-new, and learning how to take care of yourself," said ISPA President Lynne McNees. "Spas are about health, reducing stress and aging gracefully. The key is to take the information you learn at the spa, and incorporate it into your daily routine at home."
From the 2008 ISPA Global Consumer Study:
- The No.1 reason people around the world spa is to relax and relieve/reduce stress.
- In 11 of the 15 countries surveyed, overall wellness and health was one of the top three reasons consumers spa.
- In eight of the 15 countries surveyed, healthcare practitioner recommendation was one of the top three motivators for visiting a spa.
More than just tried-and-true treatments like massage and facial, the spa is the place to go to educate yourself on how to live a healthy well-balanced life: teens can learn how to care for their skin, moms can learn to cook healthy meals and guys can find out how to deal with all that pent up stress.
"With so many spas going above and beyond, there's no reason not to spa," said McNees. "Our ISPA member spas are focusing on wellness, by offering information on the healthy benefits of spa, including healthy living articles in monthly newsletters, adding fitness classes, educational workshops, and developing programs focused on regular maintenance, and not pricy pampering."
About the International SPA Association
ISPA is recognized worldwide as the leading professional organization and voice of the spa industry. Founded in 1991, ISPA advances the spa industry by providing invaluable educational and networking opportunities, promoting the value of the spa experience and speaking as the authoritative voice to foster professionalism and growth. More details on ISPA are available on http://www.experienceispa.com/.
Sunday, April 19, 2009
I had the great fortune to listen in to a conference call with my Ayurvedic teacher, Vaidya RK Mishra on the topic of Spring Detox. What a treasure.
I discovered that in Spring, vasant in sanskrit, nature is coaxing us into detoxification just by introducing warmth in the atmosphere... basically what happens is this: the channels (srotas: physical channels, nadis: vibrational channels) of our body that carry prana, blood, oxygen, toxins (oops) and more to our organs and systems of the body, literally freeze in the winter. When this happens all of the prana, toxins ect get stuck in the channels. Ick! When the weather starts to warm the channels expand and allowing everything to move and circulate, thus spring colds, mucous, allergies, ect (from the toxins). Funny thing is, you can sick in spring even if you are following agood routine, getting enough sleep, drinking pure water, ect...
Remedy: Give our bodies some help by aiding in the detox of the channels. This will be of great benefit to your overall health and vibrance.
How you ask?
- drink plenty of warm, not hot, spring water daily
- get 8 hours of sleep per night
- increase the amount of time you exercise (note: it is important that you only exercise by using up to 50% of your energy. How do you know when you have reached this point?? by your breath. When you notice you need to breathe through your mouth, it is time to stop. Breathing through the mouth increases adrenaline and the flight or flight stress response. Not exactly healthy or balancing for your body to be put in this stress state repeatedly)
- exfolliation of your skin; this will open up the channels and absorb vibrational toxins
- aromatherapy inhalation for sinus congestion or inflammation
- enjoy the beauty and aromatherapy from spring flowers
- make detoxifying soup with coriander, barley, zucchini, daikon radish and dark leafy greens
- avoid heavy oils, deep fried foods, excessive sweets, heavy meats (chicken and fish OK), anything that takes a long time to digest, large beans
- do not sleep in the day time
Here's to Spring flowers!
Join Samadhi Spa and Wellness on a four-week journey that leads to Bliss.
Demystifying the Science of Life: Ayurveda
with Radha Crawley, CMT and Ayurvedic Educator and Aaron Schwaller, CAE and Marma Specialist
Monday Evenings 7-9pm from April 27- May 16
This series will introduce you to the concepts and terminology of Ayurveda while giving you the confidence to use them in your everyday life. Open your heart lotus and let your light shine with the oldest healing modality known to man. We will experience Marma Therapy to achieve states of Bliss, Aromatherapy to open your heart, Pranayama to balance your mind, Mantra to allow the light of your soul to shine and more! Leave with handouts and inspiration to lead a life of Bliss!! This experience is not to be missed as it is a culmination of wisdom passed down for the last 5000 years!
Week 1: The Basics • Week 2: The Bliss Cleanse: feel blissful while cleansing to boost your immunity and enhance your clarity
Week 3: Daily routine to keep you in balance • Week 4: How to balance your body type
Cost: $88 for all 4 classes, or $25 per class • Call if you are interested but finances are a concern