It's hot I am crabby, what to do????
From an ayurvedic perspective this is the peak of Pitta season. It can be very aggravating and irritating time if one is out of balance.... I am going to share with you some tips to bring love, joy, playfullness and bliss back into your summer...
Please eat these foods:
- COCONUT, in the form of chutneys, young coconut, coconut water, coconut bliss ice cream
- LIME, squeeze over all veggies, squeeze into room temperature water with a leaf of mint
- RAW SUGAR, yes the sweet taste is perfect for this hot time of year
- TAMARIND, can be hard to find... but is excellent for scraping the channels and leaving you ama-free!
- PROTEIN, paneer, split mung beans, keep that pitta fire under control
- DARK LEAFY GREENS, kale especially.....
- SUMMER SQUASH, sweet and juicy, rich in soma (nuturing, lunar, pacifying vibes)
- all things sweet, bitter and astringent
Please AVOID: these foods aggravate, are acidic and close channels so prana can not flow correctly through the body... nightshades have nicotine which is addicting and a central nervous sytem stimulant which over time can exhaust your immune system and ultimately bring you away from the bliss you are seeking!
- SPICY PEPPERS
- SALTY FOODS
- SOUR FOODS
- ALCOHOL (if you must water it down and avoid red wine, it is VERY heating)
- self massage with coconut oil, you can also add essential oils of: rose to open the heart, vetiver (very cooling and mentioned in ancient texts), sandalwood and lavender.
- sleep out or take a walk under the cool moon light
- only exercise in early morning before sunrise, keep exercise mellow, not too vigorous or pitta will become aggravated (swimming in non chlorinated water is best)
- drink cool water with organic rose petals in
- a small amount of clove will detoxify and open channels so prana can flow
overall LOVE LOVE LOVE and play play play....